Column Climber may be used freely in accordance with existing fall protection standards.
- Column Climber™ can be used freely in accordance with current fall protection standards
- Column Climber™ is classified as both an access device and a work platform
- Column Climber™ can be used in place of a ladder, meaning a worker may ascend/descend to/from a work point using Column Climber (and positioning lanyard) or Column Climber and our Column Claw (100% tie-off, 2-0 foot fall arrest)
- For connectors making initial connections, the 30-foot rule still applies
- For other steel workers, tie off is to be established once a worker, using Column Climber™ has climbed to his work point. Our Column Claw satisfies 100% tie-off, 2-0 foot fall arrest while ascending/descending and at the work point.
- Column Climber has been reviewed by OSHA's Directorate of Construction. Note however, that OSHA "does not approve or endorse products." See: https://www.osha.gov/OSHA_FAQs.html under the "general OSHA information" tab
Let Ironworkers concentrate of WORKING, not FALLING
- Eliminate much dangerous straddling and balancing on beams during connecting and bolt up
- Eliminate unsteady ladder use during the steel erecting process
- Eliminate dangerous, awkward, and unproductive welding positions
- Keep ironworkers safely positioned with two hand free so they can concentrate on working, not falling
- Improve ergonomics, increase worker safety, morale, and productivity